Safe Routes to School Palo Alto


Traffic Violations


If the problem you are reporting is in progress (going on right now), call the non-emergency number for the Palo Alto Police Department (650)329-2413 and report it.


If the problem you are reporting is an emergency, call 911. The Palo Alto police Department is equipped to accept 911 calls from cellular telephones.


The Traffic Complaint Form  can be used to assist you in making a complaint about various different traffic-related issues. These issues can range from speeding, red light running, and stop sign violations, to some types of traffic hazards.


You can select the method of return response before pressing the "Mail Complaint" button. All complaints will be addressed and if requested, a return response will be made as soon as possible.

Reporting problems is critical to identifying and tracking safety issues.


For other reports, you may contact the Palo Alto Police Department at: or

275 Forest Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301

(650) 329-2413 (non-emergency)

(650) 617-3120 (fax)